Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Chatting with Gayle King on Oprah & Friends (XM 156)


This is Gayle. And this is me.


Well, this is exciting!
I was listening to the Gayle King Show on Oprah & Friends (XM channel 156, if you are interested in giving it a listen -- it's awesome) this morning on my way in to work and Gayle was talking about the recent airport sex scandal involving Senator Larry Craig (R-Idaho -- see previous blog entry for details).

That made my ears perk right up, as you might imagine. So I sent an email to Gayle, sharing with her the IVA website link and pointing out what an odd coincidence it was that, right below the section that honors Sen. Craig for his pro-life stance, there is a "Bonus Byte" about illicit gay sex in airport bathrooms. Makes you go, "Hmmm..." doesn't it?

Next thing I know, I get a phone call from Christina at the Gayle King Show asking if I'd be interested in chatting with Gayle tomorrow about this and whatever else is going on that day. Well of course! What fun -- to talk with none other than Oprah's BFF!












In 2004, I had the pleasure of meeting Marianne Williamson, another one of Oprah's Friends on XM 156. We bought matching peace buttons together. She's an awesome lady.

No comments: